Walking is one of the easiest, most enjoyable, and most health beneficial forms of exercise. Only in the US, there are 75 million people walking on a regular basis. Three main reasons why you should start walking:
In a traditional practice of yoga according to Patanjali, there are eight stages of spiritual development:
- It's cheap.
- It's easy.
- It's very good for you.
Nutrilligence simple walking program
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduce high cholesterol and improve blood lipid profile
- Reduce body fat
- Enhance mental well being
- Reduce depression
- Reduce hypertension
- Increase bone density, hence helping to prevent osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of colon cancer
- Reduce the risk of non insulin dependant diabetes
- Help control body weight
- Help osteoarthritis
- Help flexibility and co-ordination, hence reducing the risk of falls
Even 10-minute rapid and energetic walks can dramatically increase a personís physical condition. One study at the Loughbrough University found that women walking
continuously for 30 minutes 5 days a week had almost identical increases in fitness as women who split their 30 minutes into three 10-minute walks (Murphy & Hardman 1998).
Perhaps even more encouraging was that the short walkers lost more weight and reported greater decreases in waist area than the long walkers.
- Walk with the partner or a group
- Pick the best time of the day
- Pick an enjoyable route
- Listen a pleasant music (but watch for vehicles around you)
- Dress comfortable
- Think positive
- Walk Tall
- Walk with a smile