We at Nutrilligence have a holistic approach to diet, health and lifestyle therapy. Massage is one of the essential health holistic treatments that are beneficial both for the body and the mind.
Massage increases the circulation of blood and the flow of lymph. The direct mechanical effect of rhythmically applied manual pressure and movement used in massage can dramatically increase the rate of blood flow.
Also, the stimulation of nerve receptors causes the blood vessels (by reflex action) to dilate, which facilitates the blood flow.
According to the AMTA (American Massage Therapy Association), massage therapy is beneficial both for the physical and mental therapeutic state.
Health Benefits of Massage
- Reduces the Muscle Tension.
- Improves the Blood Circulation.
- Induces a Better Lymph Movement.
- Stimulates or Soothes the Nervous System.
- Enhances Skin Condition.
- Results in a Better Digestion and Intestinal Function.
- Relieves Acute and Chronic pain.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Reduces stress.
- Reduces swelling
- Enhances general relaxation .
- Thai - a combination of gentle rocking, range of motion, acupressure, reflexology, energy work and stretching, a form of passive yoga.
- Swedish - relaxes muscles and eases aches and pains.
- Deep tissue - releases the chronic patterns of tension in the body.
- Hot Rock Stone Therapy - warm stones are placed strategically on the back which massages the entire body.
- Sport massage - pre-event, post-event, during training and to expedite rehabilitation after injury.
- Corporate Seated Massage – (On-Site Seated Massage) - 10 to 30 minutes and is intended to relax and improve circulation on a specially designed chair.
- Pregnancy Massage - can relieve fatigue, enhance sleep and calm an active baby.
No matter which massage you choose, it is a beneficial part in maintaining optimum health, well-being and a big help in achieving a more balanced and harmonious lifestyle.