- Vegetables: every day with every meal one serving of (YOU-PICK)
- Green leafy vegetables and alkaline vegetables are excellent in blood sugar and insulin regulation and in boosting the immune system. Example vegetables are collard greens, artichoke, dandelion, nettles, mustard greens, kale, lettuce, leek, kohlrabi, onions, parsley, Swiss chard, and asparagus.
- Flavonoids (anti-inflammatory, prevent vascular permeability and prevent arterial clotting) are red, blue and purple foods such as tomato, peppers red, parsnips, sweet pumpkin, plums, blueberry, and berries.
- Grains: whole grains are an essential source of soluble fiber- brown rice, quinoa, barley, basmati rice, rye, buckwheat
- Fruits: low Glycemic fruits should be essential (until blood sugar is balanced and healthy again) such as apples, plums, cherries, blackberries, grapefruit, nectarines, limes, and raspberries (berries helps rejuvenate the pancreas).
- Sea vegetables: a great source of bioavailabe minerals (iodine, magnesium, calcium, iron) and a very important source of fiber. Exampe vegetables are kelp, hijiki, arame, kombu, wakame, nori, and dulse.
- Legumes: such as lentils, split peas, garbanzos, black beans, and soy tempeh.
- Animal (high quality) protein: such as beef, lamb, veal, turkey, chicken. 1-2 times per week until the immune system gets strong.
- Seafood: such as salmon king wild, trout (rainbow), sardines, snapper, sole, anchovy, Eel, shrimp, clam, and scallops.
- Fats: fatty acids rich foods (omega-3 and omega-6) are essential. Examples are extra virgin olive oil, flax seeds oil, borage oil, hemp oil, black currant, evening primrose oil, and canola oil (replace with extra virgin coconut oil, cold pressed grape seed oil and ghee for high temp: cooking)
- Fermented foods: (with live enzymes) are very IMPORTANT for balancing the digestive system and regulating blood sugar. Have fermented foods every day 1-2 times per day. Examples are miso, tempeh, natto, sauerkraut, homemade pickles, yogurt, and kefir.
- Sugars: good choices for an occasional use until the condition improves. Use Stevia, honey, maple syrup, brown rice syrup, and barley malt.
- Nuts and seeds: (raw or soaked) almonds, brazil-nuts, walnuts (preserved in the shell) and seeds very important in blood sugar regulation such as flax, chia, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds.
- Spices: dulse, kelp, cayenne pepper, turmeric, curry, carob, and parsley.
- All food should preferably be ORGANIC!