By reducing the intake of red meat, hamburgers, hot dogs, eggs, high fat dairy products, butter, lard, ice cream, cakes, fried foods, salty foods, coffee, and soft drinks, and by eating more fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seeds and nuts we can
balance the cholesterol level .
If you have problems with your blood sugar level and/or organs responsible for blood sugar regulation I would recommend that you start your healing process with a personalized “Cleansing”diet (15% protein, 15% fat and 70% carbohydrates), which will
purge the toxins and residues that you have accumulated by using too many building foods rich in animal fats and proteins. Excess of building foods, refined carbohydrates and processed sugar in diet creates too much acidity in the body, which could
proliferate diseases and infections especially in the digestive tract causing abnormal blood sugar levels. In order to neutralize acidity effects to the digestion system and high blood sugar level you will need to add more alkaline-forming foods,
herbs and drinks such as:
- Grains-Whole grains are essential.
- Vegetables-Think Green!-they provide amino-acids and tyrosine essential nutrients for normal thyroid function.
- Phytonutrients-culinary and medical herbs that contribute to blood sugar regulation. Cruciferous vegetables (Brassica) have cancer-inhibiting substances such as aromatic isothiocyanates, glucosinolates, flavones, indoles and phenols.
- Sea vegetables-best source of bioavailabe iodine.
- Fruits-be very careful with fruit consumption and glycemic index, because of possible insulin resistance. If craved use low-glycemic fruits (1-2 times/week, 1 serving).
- Fats-Essential fatty acids rich foods (omega-3 and omega-6) are essential.
- Sweeteners-because of the pancreas dysfunction,
minimize sugar intake or cut it out completely. If craved use Stevia in small amounts (1-2 times/week, 1 vservings)
- Food must be chewed well and taken in easily digestible form.
- All food should be preferably ORGANIC!
- Gymnema Sylvestra
- Fenugreek seeds
- Bitter melon
- Guggul herb
- Pure spring water
- Lemon-warm water
- Herbal teas
- Carrot-Daikon drink
- Green veggie juice