- Vitamin C: a powerful antioxidant: 4-15g daily.
- Beta-carotene-Vitamin A: antioxidant, 5000- 50000 I.U.(about 1.5-1.8 mg daily in adults).
- Vitamin E: 200- 1200 IU daily.
- B-complex vitamins (B-6 50-100mg daily, B-12 1000 mg daily for 1 month, Folic acid 400 mg daily).
- Methionine: increases the fat removal in the liver - 1000 mg two times daily.
- Zinc: 15 mg daily - important to the structure of cell membranes.
- Magnesium: 500 mg daily - essential in detoxification and energy production.
- Selenium: 0.2 mg daily - important in glutathione production, and a powerful antioxidant.
- Glutathione: major antioxidant and free-radical scavenger. Fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Fruit and vegetable juices such as fresh green apple juice, grapefruit juice, cabbage juice, carrot juice, juice from dark leafy vegetables and wheat grass juice.
- Sea vegetables such as wakame, kombu and hijiki.
- Algae such as spirulina, chlorella (two times per day, between meals in tea or smoothie).
- Nutritional yeast (liver support, excellent source of protein, B vitamins and folic acid).
- Lecithin granules (for fat metabolism) for liver disease such as alcoholic fatty liver; a typical dose is 350 to 500 mg taken 3 times daily.
- Broccoli sprout extract: inhibits activity in Phase I and enhances Phase 2 glutathione pathway.
- Dandelion (leaf and root)
- Oregon grape root
- Burdock root
- Milk Thistle (Silymarin)
- Pure spring water
- Herbal teas
- Macrobiotic special drinks: sweet vegetables drink
- Adrenal tonic tea: Burdock root
- The liver cleanse tea
- Liver Tea Rejuvenator
- Spend at least one hour outdoors each day exercising or being active
- Create a peaceful mealtime (sit at the dinner table with a straight spine)
- Try to cook simple balanced healthy meals for yourself and your family-GET INVOLVED!
- Choose most of the foods you eat from plant sources. Eat five or more servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
- Avoid watching TV for a long stretch of time.
- Chew your food well (25 times each bite)
- Sleep 7-8 hours in dark room (use black-out curtains….).
- Avoid toxins, chemical, pollutants, and any stimulants (especially alcohol, smoking, drugs..), use healthy alternatives when possible.
- A flame or gas stove is essential. Avoid electric or microwave cooking!
- Minimize and manage stress in your life by acupuncture, aromatherapy, Jacuzzi/steam room, massage, sauna, hydrotherapy (hot and cold water shower)
- Learn how to say NO to junk and refined food such as sodas, fried foods, white flour products, desserts treated with processed sweetener and trans fatty acids.